|Original Author||Lacy Davis|
Rule 1 - You drink when they drink!
- Take one drink whenever a character is shown drinking any type of beverage (including, but not limited to: coffee, hot tea, tequila, beer, wine, chocolate milk)
- Take two drinks if a beverage is verbally referenced (i.e. Mocha Latte, tequila, microbrews, triple shot espresso, single malt scoItalic text'
Rule 2 - Visual Cues = Two Drinks
Take two drinks any time one of the following items appears on screen:
- The Space Needle
- Seattle Magazine
- The MRI machine
- Meredith's Dartmouth T-shirt
- Cristina's Stanford Hoodie
- Derek's steamboat surgical cap
- Meredith's giant Bronco
- Burke's glasses
- Hello Kitty
- Derek's Sidekick mobile phone.
- The over-used Port of Seattle fly over shot of the orange gantry cranes on Harbor Island
- The Catwalk (the big bridge in the main lobby of Seattle Grace)
Rule 3 - Audio Cues = One drink
Take one drink when a character is called by a nickname (i.e. McDreamy, The Nazi, 007, Dr. Model, Dr. Evil Spawn, Cricket, Shep...the only exclusion is Izzy).
Take one drink when you hear the following sound effects:
- Pager Beeps
- The Elevator *Bing*
- George's Shoe Squeeks
Take one drink when you hear the following words or phrases in character dialogue:
- The Game
- The Syph or Syphilis
- Code (Code anything, including 'Code Team' and 'call a code')
- Anytime George's dialogue consists of silence and a dramatic blink
- What are you doing? (And its variations: What are you doing here? What are we doing? What do you think you're doing?)
- Page (chug your drink if it is said in a panicky voice, as in "Somebody page Dr. Shepherd right now!")
- A room number is mentioned (e.g. twenty fourteen)
(Optional) Rule 4 - Actions = Chug
Chug your drink when:
- There is a conversation in a bathroom.
- Alex exercises.
- Izzy bakes.
- The interns take bets.
- Cristina rides her motorcycle.
- Meredith is in Derek's car.
- The interns fight over patients.
- The doctors have a nickname for a patient.
Rule 5 - Icing on the Cupcake
ONLY for those of you who could seriously drink Meredith under the table. Seriously.
- Take one drink any time a character appears on screen partially nude.
- Take two drinks any time two partially nude characters appear in a scene together.